Will the real Slim Shady stand up for we want to wish him an amazing birthday! Yes, it is Eminem's 47th birthday today and what better way to celebrate it than with his music. The rap artist, who is formally known as Marshal Bruce Mathers III, is undoubtedly one of the biggest rap artists. He has sold more than 42 million tracks and 49.1 million albums in the United States, and 100 million albums worldwide. He has won 15 Grammys and nine number one albums on Billboard 200.
His last album titled Kamikaze sold over 434,000 units. In 2019, Eminem collaborated with several artists including Ed Sheeran, 50 Cent and Logic.
10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Eminem.
1. He wrote the hook for 'Just Lose It' in 30 seconds.
This was the last song recorded for Encore because the album, apparently, needed a single.
2. Eminem’s decision to pursue rapping came after hearing the hip-hop/ rap group The Beastie Boys.
Beastie Boys started as a hardcore punk group, but transitioned to hip-hop creating a style known as rap-rock.
3. He has said that after listening to 'My Name Is' and 'The Real Slim Shady' a few times, they became “cheesy."
4. He no longer does extensive touring because it’s a trigger for his addiction.
That’s a good thing to know and manage. Good for him for his attempts at making positive life choices.
5. He doesn’t know how to use a computer.
In 2010 Eminem said:
“If I learn how (to use a computer), I’m going to be on that bitch all day looking at comments about me, and it’s going to drive me crazy.”
And he's probably better off for it.
He drops the hammer on computers again in his song, "So Far..."
6. He was still making payments on his trailer home when The Slim Shady LP dropped.
This is understandable because his first album ‘Infinite’ only sold 1,000 copies while ‘The Slim Shady LP’ sold around 18 million.