Will the real Slim Shady stand up for we want to wish him an amazing birthday! Yes, it is Eminem's 47th birthday today and what better way to celebrate it than with his music. The rap artist, who is formally known as Marshal Bruce Mathers III, is undoubtedly one of the biggest rap artists. He has sold more than 42 million tracks and 49.1 million albums in the United States, and 100 million albums worldwide. He has won 15 Grammys and nine number one albums on Billboard 200.
His last album titled Kamikaze sold over 434,000 units. In 2019, Eminem collaborated with several artists including Ed Sheeran, 50 Cent and Logic.
10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Eminem.
1. He wrote the hook for 'Just Lose It' in 30 seconds.
This was the last song recorded for Encore because the album, apparently, needed a single.
2. Eminem’s decision to pursue rapping came after hearing the hip-hop/ rap group The Beastie Boys.
Beastie Boys started as a hardcore punk group, but transitioned to hip-hop creating a style known as rap-rock.
3. He has said that after listening to 'My Name Is' and 'The Real Slim Shady' a few times, they became “cheesy."
4. He no longer does extensive touring because it’s a trigger for his addiction.
That’s a good thing to know and manage. Good for him for his attempts at making positive life choices.
5. He doesn’t know how to use a computer.
In 2010 Eminem said:
“If I learn how (to use a computer), I’m going to be on that bitch all day looking at comments about me, and it’s going to drive me crazy.”
And he's probably better off for it.
He drops the hammer on computers again in his song, "So Far..."
6. He was still making payments on his trailer home when The Slim Shady LP dropped.
This is understandable because his first album ‘Infinite’ only sold 1,000 copies while ‘The Slim Shady LP’ sold around 18 million.
7. The name 'Eminem' came from initials (M)arshall (M)athers
8. He recorded 'Lose Yourself' in one take while on break from shooting on the set of 8 Mile.
He was rumored to have been paid $3 million for his contributions to the film.
9. Eminem Wanted To Be A Comic Book Artist If He Wasn't A Rapper
If you're unaware of The Slim Shady Show, it's basically a series which was uploaded to the Internet (and later to DVD) which feels kind of like South Park.
Each episode is around five minutes long, and features Eminem himself, as well as Paul Rosenberg and Xzibit.
However, the most interesting thing has to be that Marvel featured Eminem as a character in one of their Punisher comic books.
10. Rapper Proof was Eminem's best friend.
"Proof was funny, he was smart, he was charming. He inspired everyone around him. He can never, ever be replaced. He was, and always will be, my best friend"
On April 11, 2006, Proof was shot three times by Mario Etheridge, once in the head and twice in the chest, after a dispute broke out during a game of billiards on 8 Mile Road in Detroit, Michigan.